Experience without Hype
With over 40 years of proven business experience, including 25 years running his own business, and 30 years of community involvement, Geoff has compiled an enviable track record of experience that has proven beneficial to our community. His experience is real, relevant and readily transferable to the needs of all Aurora residents.
He believes what you believe; that running the $80 million dollar corporation of Aurora, requires legitimate, real world business experience and demonstrated leadership abilities — not simply long service as a politician.
- Mayor, Town of Aurora 2010 – to present
- Member Financial Advisory Committee
- Member Aurora Economic Development Corporation Board
- Ex-Officio member of all other Town Committees
- Town of Aurora Representative, York Region Council
- Chair, Planning Advisory Committee
- Vice-Chair Audit Committee
- Vice-Chair Planning & Economic Development Committee
- Chair, Lake Simcoe Regional Conservation Authority
- Member, Housing York Inc., Board of Directors
- Member, Southlake Regional Health Centre Board of Directors
- Member, Board Committee on Quality (BCQ)
- Member, Governance Committee
- Member, It Strategy Committee
- Honourary Commandant of the Queen’s York Rangers Cadet Corps.
- Aurora Public Library: Member of the Board for 7 years;
- Vice-Chair 1 year
- Vice-Chair Executive Recruitment Committee
- Chair, 4 years: successfully implemented succession strategy and subsequent recruitment and hiring of a new Chief Executive Officer,
- Completion of Strategic Plan
- Aurora Public Library: Co-Chair, “Grown Your Mind” Fund raising campaign — raised $773,000 in support of the new library
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- 23 Year member
- Board member for 7 years
- Director of the Networking Committee
- Director of Procedures Committee
- Board Secretary
- First Vice-President
- President: 1 year (2009-2010)
- Recruitment and hiring of new Executive Director
- Initiation and Completion of the Chamber’s first Strategic Plan, including initiating a new Board governance model
- Streamlining of Board meetings for efficiency
- Trinity Anglican Church: Executive committee, Board member, Treasurer, Rector’s (senior) Warden, Parish Selection Committee member
- Aurora Film Circuit: Founding member and Treasurer. Forming in 2006, the AFC is a volunteer initiative committed to enhancing the arts and cultural experience in Aurora. This successful group has raised thousands of dollars for the Aurora Public Library.
- Aurora Youth Soccer Club (AYSC): Coach & Sponsor
- Lester B Pearson School Council: Founding member & former Chair of the provincially mandated school council.
- Town of Aurora: Aurora Business Ambassador — program initiated by the Town to promote business opportunities. I was invited to join because of my international business contacts.
- Town of Aurora: Aurora Business Development Committee — predecessor to the current Economic Development committee. Lead initiative to make Aurora a centre of excellence for ISO 9000 registration.
- Rotary Club of Aurora: Member, including the Executive Committee
- York Regional Police: Crime Prevention Committee. Worked with the YRP to encourage community engagement as a crime prevention strategy.
Quality Integrators Corporation
Founder & President (1986 to 2010) — leading supplier of manufacturing management systems to the North American (Fortune 100) food processing industry.
Major Canadian distributor of cable television products (1981 – 1986): Senior executive (Director Technical Services)
The Ontario Society of Cable Television Engineers
Executive Committee, Treasurer, (1982 – 1988) The SCTE is a non-profit group dedicated to the training and overall education of those working in the cable television industry.