Add to Calendar
PSA’s for Council Meeting – April 11, 2017
- The Town of Aurora is pleased to once again support the Run or Walk for Southlake presented by Nature’s Emporium on Sunday, April 30. Last year, Team Aurora raised more than $7,000 for the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation, and was awarded the Municipal Team Challenge Trophy. I invite the Aurora community to support this initiative by joining Team Aurora or sponsoring a member of the team. For more information, visit ca
- Don’t forget to get your wristbands for Aurora’s Easter Egg Hunt this Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wristbands must be purchased in advance. The cost is $6 per wristband for children under the ages of 12. Parents are free. For more information, visit aurora.ca/easteregghunt.
- The Town of Aurora is seeking applications for the John West Memorial Scholarship valued at $1,000. The application deadline is Thursday, June 1. For more details, visit aurora.ca/leadersoftomorrow.
- Register to display your art at the Aurora Art Show and Sale. Applications can be submitted until Tuesday, April 18 for both the adult and youth categories, while space is available. For more information, visit aurora.ca/artshow.
- Help keep Aurora beautiful and register to participate in Aurora’s Annual Clean-up Day. Sign-up at aurora.ca/cleanup by Tuesday, April 18. Participants must check in at Aurora Town Park on Saturday, April 22 at 8 a.m. to receive their clean-up kit and assigned location. An appreciation barbecue will take place from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Town of Aurora is kicking off our Movies in the Park series early this year by bringing it indoors to the Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex (SARC). Join us for a viewing of the Secret Life of Pets (PG) on Saturday, April 29 at 6:15 p.m. at the SARC in the Pfaff Arena. There will be activities and games before the movie. Entry to the movie is free. For more information, please visit aurora.ca/moviesinthepark.
- The Regional Municipality of York, at the request of the Town of Aurora, has implemented temporary left turn restrictions (buses excepted) from Yonge Street onto Wellington Street. The restrictions will be in effect from Monday to Friday from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. The pilot project will end on Friday, June 2. For more information, visit aurora.ca/leftturnpilot.
- Aurora Town Hall will be closed on Friday, April 14 for the Easter holiday. Regular business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. will resume on Monday, April 17. For more closure information, please visit aurora.ca/easterweekend.