Add to Calendar
PSA’s for Council Meeting – April 25, 2017
- Attend the Casual Noon Hour Concert of Harp on Wednesday, April 26 at 12 p.m. at the Aurora Cultural Centre. Experience live classical music featuring Emily Belvedere on harp for an audience of all ages in a relaxed atmosphere. Crawling, feeding, sleeping, baby babbling and dancing are all welcome. Admission is by donation at the door. For more information, please visit yrcmusic.com.
- The Town of Aurora is kicking off our Movies in the Park series early this year by bringing it indoors to the Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex (SARC). Join us for a viewing of the Secret Life of Pets (PG) on Saturday, April 29 at 6:15 p.m. at the SARC in the Pfaff Arena. There will be activities and games before the movie. Entry to the movie is free. For more information, please visit aurora.ca/moviesinthepark.
- Help Canadian Blood Services collect 100 units of blood. There will be an Aurora Community Blood Donor Clinic on Thursday, April 27 from 2:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. at the Aurora Legion, 105 Industrial Parkway North. To book your appointment, visit aurora.ca.
- The Aurora Seniors Association Spring Sale is on Saturday, April 29. The sale will feature knitting, jewellery, books and more. Donations for the sale can be dropped off at the Aurora Seniors’ Centre on April 27 and 28.
- Don’t miss Aurora’s Eco Festival on Saturday, April 29 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Stronach Aurora Recreation Complex. Learn more about new eco-friendly initiatives and participate in many family-friendly fun activities. For more information, visit aurora.ca/ecofest.
- The Town of Aurora is pleased to once again support the Run or Walk for Southlake presented by Nature’s Emporium on Sunday, April 30. Last year, Team Aurora raised more than $7,000 for the Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation, and was awarded the Municipal Team Challenge Trophy. I invite the Aurora community to support this initiative by joining Team Aurora or sponsoring a member of the team. For more information, visit aurora.ca
- The Town of Aurora is proud to celebrate National Youth Week from May 1 to 7 by honouring the youth of Aurora and their contributions to our community. Youth ages 12 to 17 can participate in numerous free events throughout the week at aurora.ca/youthprograms.
- The 55th Annual Aurora Art Show and Sale presented by the Town and the Society of York Region Artists will be held on Saturday, May 6 and Sunday, May 7 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Check out all the beautiful artistic pieces at this free event. For more information, visit aurora.ca/artshow. Results can be found here
- The Town of Aurora is seeking applications for the John West Memorial Scholarship valued at $1,000. The application deadline is Thursday, June 1. For more details, visit aurora.ca/leadersoftomorrow.