Proven Leadership Experience
Experience – without Hype
With over 25 years of proven business experience and community involvement, Geoff has compiled an enviable track record of experience in areas relevant to Aurora. His experience is real and transferable to the needs of Aurora.
He believes what you believe; that running the $50 million dollar corporation of Aurora, requires legitimate, real world business experience and demonstrated leadership abilities — not simply long service as a politician.
- Quality Integrators Corporation (1986 to 2010): Founder & President — leading supplier of manufacturing management systems to the North American (Fortune 500) food processing industry.
- Cabletel Communications — Major Canadian distributor of cable television products (1981 – 1986):
Senior executive (Director Technical Services)
- The Ontario Society of Cable Television Engineers (1982 – 1988):
Executive Committee, (Treasurer), The SCTE is a non-profit group dedicated to the training and overall education of those working in the cable television industry.
- Actively involved in the community since 1981
- Trinity Anglican Church: Executive committee, Board member, Treasurer, Rector’s (senior) Warden, Parish Selection Committee member
- Aurora Cub & Scout: Leader
- Aurora Youth Soccer Club (AYSC): Coach & Sponsor
- Lester B Pearson School Council: Founding member & Chair of the provincially mandated school council.
- Town of Aurora: Aurora Business Ambassador — program initiated by the Town to promote business opportunities. I was invited to join as a result of my international business contacts.
- Rotary Club of Aurora: Member, including the Executive Committee
- Town of Aurora: Aurora Business Development Committee — predecessor to the current Economic Development committee. Lead initiative to make Aurora a centre of excellence for ISO 9000 registration.
- Aurora Public Library: Co-Chair, “Grown Your Mind” Fund raising campaign — raised $773,000 in support of the new library.
- Aurora Public Library: Member of the Board for 7 years;
- Vice-Chair 1 year
- Vice-Chair Executive Recruitment Committee.
- Chair, 4 years: successfully implemented succession strategy and subsequent recruitment and hiring of a new Chief Executive Officer,
- Completion of our Strategic Plan.
- Aurora Chamber of Commerce
- 23 Year member
- Board member for 7 years
- Director of the Networking Committee
- Director of Procedures Committee
- Board Secretary
- First Vice-President
- President: 1 year (2009-2010)
- Recruitment and hiring of new Executive Director
- Initiation and Completion of the Chamber’s first Strategic Plan, including initiating a new Board governance model.
- Streamlining of Board meetings for efficiency.
- York Regional Police: Crime Prevention Committee. This group works with the YRP to encourage community engagement as a crime prevention strategy.
- Aurora Film Circuit: Founding member and Treasurer. Now in our 4th year, the AFC is a volunteer initiative committed to enhancing the arts and cultural experience in Aurora. The success of this group is attested to by the $19,500 that we have contributed to the Aurora Public Library.